The X-Series earmuffs are 3M's latest advancement in hearing conservation. New technologies in comfort, design and protection all come together in this groundbreaking earmuff line. The X5A earmuffs offer the highest NRR (31 dB) for an earmuff on the market which makes them ideal for very high noise situations. The high attenuation delivered by X5A earmuffs is possible as a result of a combination of advanced technologies including: newly designed spacers, specially formulated earcup liners and innovative foam contained in the cushions.
The X-series (over-the-head) headband version is electrically insulated - sometimes referred to as "dielectric". The metal components of the headband have been covered by non-conductive material for use in a low voltage electrical hazard (less than 440 V ac). As there are no applicable standards for testing ear muffs against electrical insulating properties, the product has been evaluated at an external laboratory against a modified test method based on EN397:1995. During assessment, the leakage current did not exceed 1.2mA when the external surface of the product made contact with an electrical source.
The 3M Peltor X series earmuffs are ideal for protection against noise arising from a wide range of applications in the workplace and leisure activity. Examples of typical applications include: metal processing, automotive, airports, construction, textile manufacturing, chemical and pharmaceutical, manufacturing, cement manufacturing, printing, woodworking, heavy engineering, foundry, steelworks, mining and quarrying.
*Compatible with Peltor's HY80 Gel Earseals*
- The wire headband offers consistent pressure over prolonged wearing periods.
- Earcup pivot points tilt for optimum comfort and efficiency.
- Replaceable ear cushions and foam liners (hygiene kit HYX5).
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) 31 dB. CSA Class AL.
- Electrically insulated (dielectric) wire headband
- Earcups tilt for optimum comfort and efficiency
- Twin headband design helps reduce heat buildup with good fit and balance
- Wire headband offers comfortable pressure during prolonged usage
- Very high attenuation earmuffs recommended for high-noise exposure applications
- Despite larger earcups, product is lightweight with excellent balance and comfort
- Newly-designed spacer improves attenuation without excess bulk or weight
- Unique attenuation as a result of optimum combination of specially-formulated foam featured in the earcups, cushions and the innovative spacer and cup design.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- BLOCKS OUT DOG BARKING
I BOUGHT THESE TO BLOCK OUT MY LANDLORDS BARKING DOG. THEY DID THE TRICK. IT DOES NOT BLOCK OUT HIM SLAMMING THE DOOR BUT THAT IS OKA.
Quality Price Value
Write Your Own Review